Friday 15 February 2013

Real Techniques: My Collection & Review

Hello everyone, I attempted doing a video on this yesterday after school but it just wasn't one of those filming days for me! Videos will be late this week but I promise they'll be up soon;)
The Core Collection: The brushes that come in this famous collection are the Buffing Brush, Contour Brush, Pointed Foundation Brush & The Detailer Brush. 

From biggest to smallest, the Buffing brush is THE BEST BRUSH EVERRRR. It blends everything so well and isn't harsh on your face. Sometimes from putting products on you and rubbing it in your face can cause temporary redness, which doesn't feel very good. I've found some brushes do the exact same as this which shouldn't happen, and luckily I've found this with this brush! Blending your foundation through your hairline has honestly never been easier, blending down your neck and making your face all over even.

The contour brush is a really perfect size for contouring and making your face bronzed. It fits in right under your cheekbone and isn't too big to make you look like a mess! As you may have seen in one of my previous posts I said this is reeeally useful as a setting brush when using clarifying powder around your t-zone and under your eyes, instead of buying a £10 setting brush!

The pointed foundation brush is actually quite small, but is a fairly big under eye concealer brush. I think that it generally does do a great job when applying foundation and makes no streaks whatsoever which is fab, but the only down side is that it is a bit small and it takes a tad longer than normal sized foundation brushes. I do like the point that its pointed, because you can get around your nose and even use it for concealer under your eyes. I love it but just a little bit bigger please Sam Chapman!

The Detailer Brush is suuuuper small. Personally I prefer to use my finger with concealer for blemishes and small areas, so I knew I wasn't really going to use this that much. I do think it is a good size for going around your eyebrow to define more but I just don't use it that much because it's a bit easier to use your finger. I loooove the handle though as it's so thin yet so long:)

Next is my singular brushes!!

The Blush Brush is a big tapered (slightly pointed) fluffy brush. It seems to pick up the perfect amount of blush which I've found is different to my previous brushes. It is a big brush but somehow is the best size on the taper to make a flush of colour on my cheeks! I haven't stopped using it since I've got it. It's a great buy considering you can use it for more than blush- powder, clarifying etc!

The Stippling Brush is a very sharp (not literally, lol) cut on the top and it is a completely straight edge. As of this, it isn't as soft as the top of say the blush brush because it is cut so finely. It isn't like it's harsh but it's just not as soft at the tops as the others. The amazing thing about this is that it's so versatile, it can be used for so many things! Blush, cream blush, foundation, concealer, powder and probably a few more. It works with all of those things very well, too!



 The Blush Brush:


The Stippling Brush:

Overall the brushes are soft, durable, brilliant and worth the money!

Lizzie xoxo

2 comments:

  1. you're nominated for a versatile blogger award:)

    http://resterbelle-x.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't understand it fully but thanks so much for mentioning me in your post:) It means a lot x

      Delete