Thursday 1 November 2012

Make Up Tips For School

Hey everyone, so recently someone has asked me on my youtube channel 'can you give me some tips for hair and make up at our school? We aren't allowed to wear make up and we aren't allowed bows or flowers in our hair', so I thought I would do two separate posts about this; make up tips and hair tutorials/tips. Here we go!

Mascara: So, in school, it's possible for it to be obvious that you have mascara on. Especially if your like me and have light hair. At first, I hated clear mascara, but now I've figured that it will help for people that have schools that are very strict with their make up rules. Personally, I don't use it because minimal make up is allowed, but for those 'strict' school rules, clear mascara can help! We all know that when hair is wet it's darker, so when you have clear mascara on it doesn't add a colour, but it adds definition and does apply something. Clear mascara is used for defining lashes after a coloured mascara is on, or it's used for keeping your eyebrows in place for the day. So, if it defines your lashes well, then you are atleast having fluttery eyelashes. Even if they aren't huge!

Face: Face make up is usually very easy to get wrong - orange, too much on and 'slag lines'. I'm talking about foundation and tinted moisturiser! If your not too familiar with make up and foundation, I'd say stick to tinted moisturiser. And for those who have strict school rules! It's a very sheer cover for your skin because it has a good moisturiser inside, so your simply moisturising your skin whilst sheerly covering your face. I do wear this, but not on a day to day basis, just to give my skin a break. It's more natural! I don't wear foundation, but if you are comfortable enough to wear it then you need to make sure it ticks ALL of the boxes! Here are some things to definately consider whilst purchasing foundation:
Is it too orange?
What coverage is it?
Does it seem too cheap/too good to be true?
Take your time, don't immediately rush into it!
LOOK AT REVIEWS!
The last one-looking at reviews- is quite important, well to me anyway! If you have been looking at a foundation and are quite tempted to buy it because of the description, before you buy it, look at reviews. Just because then you know what actual people using this think of it. They might say it's very heavy coverage, it's orange toned, doesn't blend well, etc. The reason why I'm saying all of this is because when your using foundation for school AND your school is strict, you need to make sure it suits YOUR skin and YOUR liking, and it's natural! AND make your skin flawless. Natural is always going to be the best looking!

Concealer: There isn't a ton of things to say about concealer, but I think it's good to have rather than pounding a lot on your face. It's great to just cover the KEY parts that NEED to be covered. Things like spots, dark circles and redness! I suggest this deeply and just add a little powder to set it for the day.

Powder: Powder is a thing where stunningly matte can turn into cake face. Mattifying powder is used in your T-Zone-Forehead and down your nose. I use this daily, and anywhere where my face is shiny. NOBODY likes a shiny face! When your using powder, always make sure you don't over load. Less is more really, so once you've covered the main parts then your good to go for the entire day.

Cheeks: With blush, people go mad and have barbie pink cheeks. Sometimes is can look good, but it's too obvious for school. I always go for a glowy cheek - corals, light pinks and generally glowy kinda colours. I kind of layer them up; a sheer as a base, a brighter pink on top and then a orangey/coral/glowy on top. Just do this to the apples of your cheeks and it doesn't add so much colour and really, when you look on the sides, you can't see it. From the front, it looks great because you look awake and ready!

I hope this helped people and understood my opinions, it's more of a typing post today!
Lizzie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment