Wednesday 10 October 2012

Technic 'High Lights'

Hey everyone! So today's post is a sort of review... But definately NOT a good one! It's on Technic's version of benefit's high beam, and how i'm going to start this is DON'T buy this!
I bought this highlighter from amazon for £1, with £1.45 delivery. This doesn't cost hardly anything and is a fraction of high beam's price, but its completely off of what it's supposed to be!

I may have just been unfortunate, but this was absolutely brand new when I'd got it. The plastic was still wrapped around it, and looks like it was fresh from the factory to me. When I opened the bottle, it was absolutely disgusting. It was gloopy, sticky and lumpy. Ew.
I was a bit like 'Um what? Is this old and has someone used this or something?' I did know already that is was brand new but it was like it was 50 years old.
I tried to think of the good things, so I was hoping for the product to maybe be O.K? I was wrong.
The product its self when it goes onto your face seems fine at first, because you see only a tad of shimmer. I breathed a sigh of relief at that point; I was happy that it wasn't all bad. I applied it on my cheekbone, brow-bone and cupids' bow.
When the product had actually sunk in, it was riduculously sparkly! It was just like I had put a plate of glitter on a face full of glue. I wasn't expecting it. Especially after being happy that it wasn't all bad. It really was!
It was simply just waaaaay too much shimmer. It sounds strange, I know, but if you saw you would understand what I mean. Your probably thinking, 'Well, highlighters need to have shimmer in it other wise there is no point of it being there...' Well yes, I know but this was just OTT.

I was so unhappy with this, as I was really excited for it's arrival through my letter box. *pulls unhappy face*
I hope you read this and never even click on this product, there really isn't even a point!

Thanks for reading, Lizzie xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Really? I bought this from Bodycare, and I find it great! I mix mine with Benefit Benetint to give it a pinker colour, and it works fine, not too much glitter... All I can say is be careful what you buy off Ebay, usually the products are really old or a cheap (yepp, even cheaper than a pound) version of the real thing. :/<3Xx

    http://www.abbieslittleglitterworld.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was such a shame. I might try mixing it with something, maybe a moisturiser or something, I don't want to give up on it! xx

      Delete
    2. Yes! Mix it with moisturiser, it gives a really subtle glow if you're going natural for a day... I followed your blog by the way ( I follow as Abzkerbabz123...) You do some great posts!Xx

      Delete