Sunday 17 March 2013

Dry Skin Care! | Products & Routine

Hello everyone, I haven't posted in nearly a week, I'm really sorry! Today I'm showing you my current/dry skin care products, even though it is spring now(yay)! My skin is in a good place at the moment... Still dry, but it isn't staying flaky in the day anymore and the products I'm using are really good for me!

First, here are my normal day & night creams:


Boots Vitamin E Day & Night Creams: There isn't much to say really, but all I know is that they moisturise and keep my face hydrated all day & night long! They aren't really oily at all and don't leave the shiniest face in the world for me to cover. It's a cheaper option to things like No7, because I think they are pretty much just as good!

General moisturising & Eye cream:

Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturiser & Simple Soothing Eye Balm: I know it sounds a bit strange as I already moisturise with the day/night cream but I feel like this moisturiser goes into my skin more and just finishes it off for creams on my face! For the eye balm, it's just a gentle eye cream that reduces puffiness and keeps the area moisturised. I thought it was a bit strange of me having slightly dry under eyes (which it probably is) but this keeps the dryness away and seems to be a nice base for concealer, powder etc.

Face Masks:


Lush Oatifix Fresh Face Mask & Superdrug Superfruits Exfoliating Mask: I use the 'Oatifix' face mask for my dryness, as it was recommended for me by the assistant in Lush and it seems to act as a softener and does moisturise dry skin! The superdrug mask is new for me but I do really like it, it exfoliates your face more than gets rid of dryness but it doesn't make it dry either. I shall be buying a few more!

Body scrubs & shower/bath gels:




Lush 'Rub Rub Rub' Shower Scrub, Nivea Harmony Time Shower Cream & St. Ives Moisturising Olive Scrub: The Lush 'Rub Rub Rub' shower scrub is now my favourite, you can actually use it on your hair too! I know that sounds crazy, but it's almost as if the salt pieces melt into your hair. Anyway, back to skin! This smells super gorgeous, a fresh, zingy smell. This acts as an exfoliator and a softener. Honestly, this has so many purposes! Face scrub, shampoo, foot scrub, body scrub, body wash, bubble bath, the list is endless.
Nivea's 'harmony time shower cream' smells really rosy and soft. It makes your skin really soft and the smell lingers on your skin for ages, which is what I like because the smell is lovely.
St. Ives Moisturising Olive Scrub is something you don't need much of, it spreads around your body nicely! It does moisturise and creates a really fresh, soft olive smell. I love it to pieces, and is a really good price considering the tiny amount you need per time you use it!

So that is all of that over and done with! I have bought a couple of clothing pieces recently so I will try to do some OOTDs, even though they aren't the easiest to take pictures of! Speak to you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment